Collection of your personal information
Silverth Pty Ltd and their related entities (GenieDownUnder.com) is committed to honoring the privacy of anyone who interacts with our company. This policy describes the steps that we take when handling your personal information.
We will collect personal information from you when you speak to one of our representatives or otherwise deal with our company or its affiliates, business or advertising partners, customers and other service providers; supply products or services to us; or apply for a position with us. GenieDownUnder.com’s newsletter registration form, request for quote form and contact form also require you to give us personal information. We use the term “personal information” as it is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in the case of Australia, as applicable (Privacy Act). It generally refers to information about an identifiable individual.
The kind of personal information that we collect includes:
• name, email address, physical address, phone number and other contact details;
• information about your company and job function;
• financial information (eg credit or bank card information when you purchase products and services from us);
• information about your preferences for products and services offered by the company;
• feedback that you provide about our site and products and services;
• (if you are a supplier or service provider) information as part of the products and services which you supply to us; and
• any other information that you choose to send us.
We do not generally require that you provide personal information to us, but if you do not give us the information that we request, it may affect our ability to provide you with our products and services and/or information about them.
Collection of information through our site
When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. The following information is recorded for statistical purposes and is used by us to help improve the site. This information is supplied by your browser:
• the user’s I.P. address;
• the user’s operating system (for example Windows, Mac etc);
• the user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .nz, .uk etc.);
• the date and time of the visit to the site;
• the pages accessed and the documents downloaded;
• the previous site visited; and
• the type of browser used.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities (which means that information collected in this way is not personal information under the Privacy Act) except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet web server logs.
Use of I.P. Addresses
An Internet protocol (I.P.) address is a set of numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you log on to your internet service provider or through your company’s local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN). Our web servers automatically identify your computer by the IP address assigned to it during your session online.
We may collect I.P. addresses for statistical purposes. We do not use I.P. addresses to identify individuals, except in the same unlikely circumstances set out above.
Use of personal information
We use the personal information that we have collected about you for the purpose for which it was collected, any related secondary purpose, any purpose to which you have consented, and as otherwise authorised or required by the Privacy Act. Such uses include:
• providing you with products and services that you have requested;
• providing you with information and promotional materials about our products and services (however we will not add your contact details to a mailing list unless you have consented to this);
• managing and/or improving our relationship with you (including through our client satisfaction surveys);
• dealing with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to your privacy, this website, our products or the business more generally;
• (if you are a supplier or service provider) to communicate with you and assess the products and services that you supply;
• (if you have applied for a position with us) assessing your application for a position within the company; and
• facilitating our business operations.
Personal information on warranty claim forms that we obtained from service providers is stored separately from other personal information and is generally used for warranty and product recall purposes.
Storage of personal information
We will store all the personal information we obtain about you on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, any related secondary purpose, any purpose to which you have consented, and as otherwise authorised or required by the Privacy Act. Such disclosures include:
• to any person where necessary or desirable in connection with the provision of products or services;
• to employees, agents and service providers who assist us in running our business or provide related services; and
• to our related bodies corporate for internal or business purposes.
We do not sell, trade, exchange or otherwise make available any personally identifiable information to any other company or organization.
We may also collect personal information when you submit content on our social media pages. By submitting content, you agree we may use this content including your name and any other personal information submitted by you, either temporarily or permanently, for testimonial, marketing or other purposes in any media without any compensation to you.
Online Transaction Security
GenieDownUnder.com takes online transaction security seriously. We process online transactions using at least a 128 bit SSL encryption.
GenieDownUnder.com collects but does not store your credit card details on its databases or servers. You will need to enter those details each time you make a purchase on our websites. However, we do maintain records of your transaction history. As mentioned above, GenieDownUnder.com adopts practices which seek to prevent unauthorised access to such records.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, we cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access, use or modification of that information.
You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any personal information you choose to disclose to a 3rd party through a 3rd party website referred to by or linked to any of our websites and that such 3rd parties may store your personal information in any location in accordance with their own security standards.
This site contains links to other sites. GenieDownUnder.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Web sites.
• GenieDownUnder.com uses the information gathered from cookies to improve our products and services. We do not use the information collected to identify you. If you would rather not receive cookies you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
• Contacting GenieDownUnder.com About Privacy
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not wish to be contacted by GenieDownUnder.com or Silverth Pty Ltd about our products, simply write or email us using the contact information provided above and we will remove you from any mail, telephone or electronic lists used by us for marketing purposes. Please be sure to include your name and other relevant details.
You may also complain about our handling of your personal information by using the contact methods set out above. We will consider any complaints which we receive and provide you with a response in a reasonable time (usually 30 days of receipt). If you are not satisfied with our response, you may take your complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner for Australia.
Seeking access to, and updating information we hold about you
You may, as a visitor to our website, choose not to provide us with personal information. You have the right to request access to personal information that is held by Silverth about you. Requests for access will be dealt with by Silverth in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth).
You also have the right to request the correction of any of your personal information that Silverth holds. Silverth will take reasonable steps to make appropriate corrections to personal information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You also have the right to obtain from Silverth the erasure of personal data about you in accordance with applicable data privacy laws.
You may also, at any time, access your personal information to update, correct, or delete certain personal information about you by contacting Silverth Privacy Contact Officer, whose details are below or exercising your rights with the following requests:
Exercise Your rights
Request to be removed:
Request Access to your data:
Submit a complaint:
Personal information that you have provided to geniedownunder.com Shop Online (such as your name, invoice and delivery addresses, phone number, or email address) is accessible by you by registering with geniedownunder.com Shop Online. If you register with geniedownunder.com Shop Online you will need to retain a username and password. Silverth recommends that you update your personal information if your details change so that our records are accurate, complete and up-to-date.